Monday, February 17, 2014

Alaskiana




Welcome to Alaskiana! Won't you come along on my drive home?


Alaskiana...Where Snow is King!


...and roads drift shut in February...say what?


The old home place stands guard on the snowy corner...


...with ice in patches beneath the snow...


...and ice/snow/sleet that looks like tiny little pieces of styrofoam falling from the sky today... This is definitely a new thing.


Yep, just another day in Alaskiana...


Just another snowstorm in a land setting records of their own...


On Saturday, we became THE snowiest season EVER. I think it's quite appropriate that we broke the records during the Winter Olympics.


Today, with this latest addition, we're at 62 inches here in the Kokomo area...


But hey, I don't mind. It brings back memories of my youth when I lived in Goose Bay, Labrador.


The news said we are just 29 days from spring, but I have my doubts that all this snow will be gone by then.


So for now, I will take in the beauty and enjoy it for what it is... A new world... One I call Alaskiana!

No comments: