Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Coronation?




A little girl asked her mother, "Is today the day we go to Pastor Christopher's coronation?" "No sweetie, said the mother, "it's called an Ordination!"

My second born son was given the name Christopher Curtis Schrock. We chose Christopher for two reasons, but the most important reason was because his name means Christ Bearer. His middle name came from my father. It was the first name of my father and the last name of my father's great grandparents.

I used to call him my little Daniel Boone when he was little because he would hurry through his lessons so he could open up my sewing center to make bags for his treks up & down the creek or make his own bow & arrows out of tree branches. I guess I should have called him my little Bridger since he ended up in Billings, MT.
He always had a desire for reading and learning and going deeper. My husband & I used to say that Christopher was going to be either a pastor, a lawyer, or an insurance salesman someday, and I think we were right because in a way, he is all 3! He is a pastor for the way he cares for the people God has placed in his care, first his family and now the members of Christ Covenant Reformed Church. He is a lawyer because he studies God's law...and yes, he is an insurance salesman of a different kind because he isn't selling the insurance that comes with a price. Instead He shares God's Assurance of grace and love for His people, and it is freely given.

When Christopher was 14 years old, he lacerated his liver and was lifelined to Indianapolis. God gave me an unexplained peace almost immediately that day. As Christopher flew in the skies over Indiana, my conversation with God that day went something like this, "Lord, you are the giver of life, and you can take it at any moment. I accept that and just as the day he was born, I again commit my son into your care to do as you please." I somehow sensed that day that I would only have him for a little while until God called him to a greater task.

When we were in Billings last July, we had several people from the church thank us for allowing our son to leave and come to Billings, but really it should be us thanking them for being a part of God's perfect plan...for opening their hearts and home to Curt, Julie, Moses and Kati. We love them for it and owe them a debt of gratitude!

That brings us to the day of Ordination and I can truly say that I am blessed that God has allowed me to walk this journey with Christopher. I give the glory all to God for what he did those many years ago, what He is doing today, and what He plans to do in the life of my son. As a mother, I am truly blessed!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Billings, MT

No comments: