Friday, November 22, 2013

I needed this today...


I don't like to fly. Anyone who knows me well knows that. It's pretty ironic considering I grew up in the Air Force and have lived all over this world. I let my pride get the best of me recently, and decided that I would prove to everyone that I could do this so they would quit making fun of me because I don't like to fly...big mistake and best mistake I've made in a long time. It was one of those impulse decisions and I'm thankful that I had friends who prayed me through it, and a husband who nearly beat himself to death to get home in time to take me to the airport even though he was sick.  As it happened, I had to convince him to drop me off at the door to face my giant alone so he could go back home to the doctor. 

When I arrived home from work to pick up my hunny to drive to the airport, there was a package from my daughter in New ZZ with a birthday gift from Etzy.  She knows me too well sometimes. It lifted my spirits in spite of the churning of my stomach for what was before me.
I arrived at the airport to see that they have already decorated for Christmas so everything looked magical.

It rained all day here in the midwest.  There was another storm system out west that brought high winds which delayed a lot of the planes so we took off about an hour or so past the time we should have taken off. Because of the storms, the ride was bumpy, but I did my best to sleep on the plane thinking it would make the trip go faster. My trip ended like it began...in the rain...usual for Indiana, but not so usual for Phoenix...but I made it!



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Brave Mamma Schrock! Happy familiy time and travels!

Nothing More, Nothing Less... said...

Thanks Court! I have to admit, there were moments when I said to myself, "I'm never doing this again!" haha! ...but I survived didn't I? hehe!