Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Mac for short

This gorgeous gal is my Aunt Maxine.  Apparently my mother called her Mac for short since that is how she wrote her name under most of her pictures. My aunt is a quiet sort with fiery red hair, and always a pleasure to be around. I talked to her tonight relaying the latest stories of my mother's fading memory.
She married Glen Brown who was my uncle before I was born, and remains so today! He was a corker as some would say...very lively and full of life and never without a story to tell.
Red Hair runs in our family on both the Railsback side and the Brunner side, but the genes were never passed down through my line.  That's too bad, because I would have gladly welcomed a red haired child.
From left to right, we have Imogene, Maxine, Verlyn, and Kate. I wish I knew the story behind these pajamas, but sadly I do not.
This is Maxine and my mom in front of Uncle Bill & Aunt Ila's Motel. I've heard a lot of stories about their Motel over the years, but none that I recall right now.

I love this picture of my Aunt Maxine.  I think it is stunning and captures who she is perfectly. She has such a gentle sweet spirit which remains a part of who she is even to this day!
I almost forgot to include this awesome photo of Dort, Mavis, & Mac. Again, I don't know the story behind this. Perhaps someone will enlighten me!

2 comments:

Donna Railsback Braly said...

Dorothy told me their mom sewed their dresses without a pattern!

Donna Railsback Braly said...

the back story