Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dishes

I have to admit that I like the looks of old dishes on a shelf.  However, I'm not sure that renting the dishes is what I want to do anymore. They were fun collecting, but renting them out has become a chore for me, and really, not worth my time so I think I will sell them while vintage dishes are still the rage. Due to some recent events, I've realized that being the packrat that I am, I have held on to way too much "stuff" over the past 35 years. Perhaps it is because I was raised by dust bowl survivors who were raised in the depression era. In addition to working on these dishes this week, I've been going through my file cabinets and throwing away things that I should have thrown out a long time ago...warranty files for things I haven't owned in 10 years, committee meeting notes from Youth Council and Counterpoints and church committees that I've served on. I'm not sure what it says about me that I hold on to things way longer than I should. 

No comments: