Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Grant!

On Friday, Grant (& Monica) came home from the hospital so I drove home to pick up Marlin, Emilie & Logan. Back up to Chesterton we went on Saturday to complete a tradition that I started with my children. With the birth of each child, we celebrate with a birthday party welcoming the newest member of the Schrock clan. Today it was Grant's turn.
 Haley & I went shopping for the cake after we got back to Chesterton. She wanted the Star Candles that said "Happy Birthday", but when we got home, we realized that we accidentally chose the "Happy Retirement" candles.  Emilie & Logan went to work figuring out what we could spell instead. Therefore, they spelled out "Partytime Here!"  A good save for sure.
Haley also picked out these birthday hats which we all wore, but the family picture is on Monica's camera so I will have to add it later. 
Grant with his Oma & Poppe. The Eighth in a line of new little Schrocks. We now have five grandsons and three grand-daughters. I guess Curt will have to even up the mix by adding a couple of girls.
Monica and her newest little wonder. 
There's nothing like holding your Momma's hand. 
The day went by much too quickly, but it was time to move on to our next destination so we packed it up and said Goodbye to Ben, Monica, Alex, Haley & Grant. It was a great week. It makes me sad to think that I'm not going to be able to see these faces everyday!
Thanks Ben & Monica for allowing me to be a part of this exciting new adventure! I love you all!

No comments: