Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grant Andre Schrock

My Eighth Grandchild was born today!  I invite you to meet Grant Andre Schrock, born at 1:38 this morning.  He weighed in at 8 pounds 15 ounces and was 21 1/4 inches long. He has huge hands and feet just like his daddy did, and he has a barrel chest, also just like his daddy did, but we all think he looks like his Grandpa Pat. Mom and baby Grant are doing just fine...It was a good birth!  They worked like an athletic team these two...and daddy did a great job too! *wink!  Alex & Haley are thrilled to have a new baby brother.  They couldn't stop rubbing his head.
I had to include the picture below that I took of Monica the night before she ran the Chicago Marathon.  Yes, she was pregnant with Grant when she ran the Marathon, but I didn't know it at the time.  She thought she was so funny when I shot this picture because she was pointing to the sign and to her belly...hence, the name Grant.
Funny Story about the day of Grant's birth. I was waiting for Poppe to arrive so we could go up to the hospital and all see Grant at the same time. Haley & I went out to the car to pull it up so I could load the car seats.  When I got out of the car, Alex was standing in the garage. Inadvertently, we had locked the door to the house so there we stood on the hottest day of the year with a car, a garage opener, and my car keys, and curlers in my hair.  I had no cell phone and no key to get into the house. I walked next door to see if I could use the neighbor's phone, but no one would come to the door. I had to drive all the way to Valpo to the hospital and call Ben from the hospital lobby. I told Monica she was lucky that she had Grant when she did instead of a day later. We broke all kinds of records today, including the hottest day since 1954. The temp was well over 100 degrees.


No comments: