Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gardenlicious!

Although my parents were both farm raised kids, I spent my growing up years treking from place to place and country to country.  I didn't have the opportunity to raise a garden until I got married at the age of 21. I still remember that first summer when I drove out to the farm from town several times a week to tend the garden.  I was so green and so proud of every thing that was harvested. When I had four kids at home, we had a very large garden and I used to give the kids the honor of helping me weed and harvest the garden.  I don't think any of them really liked it and they probably ate more than they picked.  I never tire of the harvest. This was my harvest tonight when I got home from work along with a bucket full of green beans.  Ahhhh, the country life is simply the best!

No comments: