Saturday, November 30, 2013

Homeward Bound




This picture was taken when I left Tucson on Saturday. My folks look pretty good considering the fact that we didn't go to bed until 3 am. I took the "Arizona Shuttle" from Tucson to Sky Harbor airport. For $39, it's not a bad deal. 

I love the drive to Phoenix with the Mexican Mts in the far distance...



...and the ever familiar Pichacho Peak standing Guard over the pass to Phoenix 

It was only 3 in the afternoon, but the sun was hanging lazily in the sky as we motored on.

Logan is right. An airport is a terrible place to grieve. This ride gave me time to reflect on the events of the week, and I felt an intense burden of grief flood over me. It was a good week, I accomplished much, but still feel like there is so much more to do. My mother is no longer the woman who raised me. While she still knows me and my name, I know the day is coming where I will be in her memory no more.




No comments: