Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Facing the hard conversations

Our next stop on the agenda today was my parents financial advisor.
We tackled some very hard issues today. My dad has finally agreed to getting some help. We're going to look into day care programs for my mom that provide stimulation for memory impaired adults. He is also looking for solutions for good nutrition and occasional house cleaning.
When we got home, my mom & I were in the kitchen and she went to the stove and told me I could use the 3 towels on the left, but not to touch the one on the right. She said the lady who owned the house before them left it behind among other things. She doesn't remember that they are the only owners of this property.
She then talked about how she would like to move back to Ogallala. She said my dad works down south and leaves her home alone all day. She went on to say that Maxine lives to the south and she thinks that Imogene might be here too, but she's not sure. She seems to be stuck on the "down south" theme.
After supper, Linda came by and we were going over some of the discussion we had today. My mom got up from her chair and went over to my dad and hugged him and kissed his cheek. It was precious. Then she started stroking his head and smoothing down his hair. This couple has been married for 63 years. I asked my dad today where he met my mom. He said it was at a dance at the fairgrounds in Ogallala. He said after they were married, they lived in Ogallala even though my dad worked in Grant because my mother worked at Goodalls. Grant is to the south of Ogallala so that could be why she is stuck on the term south.


No comments: