Thursday, March 01, 2012

The 8th is just as exciting as the first...

In just a few short months, our 8th grandchild will arrive on the scene.
Loving babies and grandchildren as I do, I have to say that the 8th is just as exciting as the 1st. We don't know the sex of the baby because Ben & Monica want to be surprised.  I just realized the other day that when this baby is born, Ben & Monica will have the eldest grandchild and the youngest grandchild...until Curt & Julie join the club with a third one of their making. Remember Curt...you're in last place... haha!
...And speaking of races...Monica ran the Chicago Marathon when she was just barely pregnant. I wonder if this baby will be a runner, a trainer or a doctor who specializes in sports medicine? Whatever he/she decides to do, I'm sure we will all be proud!  I don't know about you...but I'm looking forward to June!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

this is me reminding our family that logan and i are in last place.

but i do love nephews and nieces. thanks brothers.

Christopher C. Schrock said...

Logan is in school, so the two of you cannot compete. You are Disqualified!

Thus, I am still in last place . . . but it will be a sweet day when I look all the brothers in their eyes and say, "Winning!"

And, of course, for the nephew and niece, you are welcome.