Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reflections on Birth

Today is the 28th birthday of 2nd Son. This picture was taken the morning after his birth.  He was about 12 hours new here. At breakfast this morning, my sis in law asked me about the day of his birth. Marlin was doing some fall plowing and had Ben in the fields with him while I mowed on the rider mower that afternoon back in 1983. When Marlin came home he told me that his dad had asked him if I was trying to shake that baby out. I laughed and told Marlin that was a good thought because I felt that something was about to happen. Soon after, I began labor. We dropped Ben off at Marlin's folks and headed toward St Joe Hospital. An hour later, Christopher Curtis Schrock entered this world at 9 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches in length. He looked like he was already a month old. Two hours later. We headed back home, but first stopped to buy what has become a Schrock tradition. We stopped and bought a birthday cake from Kroger. These days, Curt prefers a DQ Ice Cream Cake. Since I'm in South Carolina today, I wasn't able to do that. I guess I owe you one, eh?

2 comments:

Christopher C. Schrock said...

Haha, I don't think I need any more cake; I am still stuffed from Thanksgiving weekend. :)

Nothing More, Nothing Less... said...

That's true. We really didn't need a DQ Cake did we?