Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Jubilee Cafe

On the last day of our trip just outside of Peoria, Illinois, we found another little diner.  This one was called the Jubilee Cafe...home cooking.  It was Day 4 of the Rotation Diet for me so I could have turkey, mashed potatoes and cole slaw, and don't forget the cranberry sauce! This was real turkey folks...not the processed pieced together mess that most restaurants serve.  The cook actually cooked a turkey, picked it off the bone, and served it up along with Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes (you can tell by the color).



It was a very good trip.  We couldn't have asked for better weather! The food was great, and the hotels were good...in fact, Marlin commented on the last day that we should stay in just one crappy hotel on the trip to appreciate how good it was and Hilda said, "No Way" I like nice hotels!" and then she talked about how she didn't want to have to worry about taking bedbugs home. haha!  I talked to my girlfriend tonight and she said she enjoyed looking at my blog and seeing the way that families are supposed to interact....families that have fun and show their love and happiness by just being together.  Yep, I'm blessed...but then, I've always known that.

1 comment:

Laura Schrock Wallof said...

I'm so glad you all made it home safely! And YES we ARE so blessed with such a loving family. Great blog, LouAnn!!!