Sunday, October 16, 2011

Birthday Party For Daylen


For his 5th birthday, Daylen decided that he wanted a Bowling Party.  What goes around comes around is what I say!  I was practically raised at the bowling alley.  My parents were on leagues from the time I was born.  Babysitters were unheard of in those days...they just took us every where they went. At that time, there were tables which were more like booths that ran in a line behind the alleys so it made kind of a natural barrier for keeping the kiddos (especially me) in a confined space. The parents had a constant watch over us and running around was absolutely not allowed. Armed with barbies, corgi toys and coloring books, we played the night away.  If we got tired, we laid down on the naugahyde upholstered seats and fell asleep.  As a child, I never could figure out how one minute I closed my eyes and the next I was opening them in my bedroom, and it was morning.  Here's to you Birthday Boy...I hope your memories are as good as mine.

No comments: