Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend With Alex




 This past Friday night, I drove up to Chesterton to celebrate the 6th birthday of my eldest grandchild, Alexander Dale Schrock. His momma & poppa rented one of those jumpy castles.  There were 12 boys present for the party and 6 of those stayed the night.  It was Alex's first sleepover and I was amazed at how successful it was! All of the boys got along wonderfully and even though they stayed up late watching Mater Tales and Rio, I thought they went down rather well.  I chose to sleep downstairs with the crew.  It was like old times for me.  Haley reminded me of Emilie in that sea of boys with no girls.                                                                                                                                               

Monica's brother's girlfriend made the cake.  Alex wanted a Zombie Cake this year so it was quite the work of art.  I didn't taste it since it wasn't gluten free, but everyone said it was quite good.  When we were opening presents, I noticed that Moses disappeared.  Where did I find him?  Standing on a chair helping himself to the cake.  He had green icing all over the front of his shirt.  Oh, he is his father's child!  You can see in this picture that he was already wanting to get up close and personal!
Alex with his mom & dad and cousin Daylen.

Of course, no party is complete without a pinata!  Here we see Alex taking a swing at it.


...and here we see all the boys picking up the spoils!  




No comments: