Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kati Martinez Schrock

Proud Oma and her little Kati girl

Happy Birthday Kati girl!
We were overjoyed at the birth of our second granddaughter, Kati. I never tire of "birth" days.  Curt always requests that the cake come from Dairy Queen.  It actually works out easier because I don't have to bring both ice cream and a cake.  In the early days, I would bring the bubbly, Sparkling Cider, but then I realized that no one was drinking it so I crossed it off the list.  I started the birthday cake tradition when Curt was born and have done it ever since. I was only at the hospital for a total of 2 hours when Curt was born.  I reminded Marlin to stop at Kroger so we could get a birthday cake.  When we pulled up in the parking lot at Kroger, Marlin told me to stay in the car and he would go get the cake. Seriously, do you really think I would walk into Kroger 2 hours after I gave birth?  haha!

No comments: